Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Recap: Goals!

It's January. That means all sorts of resolutions to stay healthy etc. I like making goals.

So for 2015:

1. Try 10 new restaurants
2. Write daily, or 3x times a week
3. Keep up with blog
4. Front flip on ground?
5. Back handspring?
6. Weight: 127 (ha ha!) 
7. Travel out of state
8. Pay down half of credit card debt
9. Stay on budget
10. Consider applying to grad school

Things to try
1) Leap Flying Trapeze school
2) Vertical pole class
3) 6 a.m. pure barre class

Restaurants to try
1) Pink House in Savannah
2) Big City Bread,  tofu sauté, catfish sandwich
3) La Parilla
4) Mexican place by allergy doc
5) Vegan pizza at Mellow mushroom
6) Independent Baking Co?
7) Korean place downtown
8) La Pueta Del Sol
9) White Tiger

Fitness goals
1. Get more consistent with front tuck. Try it on the floor.
2. Front handspring
3. Split, right and center, then left
4. Handstand for 5 seconds

Recap
Fitness misc
Tried Above Barre, the new barre studio in town. Wasn't for me. 

After years and years, I reactivated my membership for the Ramsey Student Center. It's $15 a month. There's an indoor track, climbing wall, all the equipment you could want. It's the cheapest gym in town. It's also a little crowded. 

I decided mid month to start running once a week. I went and ran at the indoor track. I ran two miles in 20 minutes without stopping. Wahoo! It did it again the next Sunday.

Mojo was very concerned about my running.

Also, I like climbing. Matt and I took the belay clinic at the Ramsey Student Center so we can climb. (They won't let you climb until you do this class.) 

Note about the belay clinic: It's a 3-hour class. It takes 2 hours. It could be covered in a 30-minute demo. The instructors were students who had no public speaking skills, mumbled, weren't good teachers, and just no! UGA has such great students, how did they pick this guy to run the class?

I learned how to tie a double figure 8 knot to anchor myself in, and how to thread the belay device. Mission accomplished.

Also, Matt ran his first 5k. Hooray!

Donut socks!

Game face.
Passing the slow pokes.



This speedy dog finished before Matt. Next year, Matt! 


No comments: