Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December recap

Ahh, December. Which means time off work and spending too much. And family I suppose.

Took two days off work, got 5 days off work, for a total of 7 days off work. It was glorious. I woke up, worked out, ran errands, was home for lunch, made dinner, read a lot of books and watched a lot of movies. That's the life.

 Work stuff

• Visited Georgia Tech to hear a speaker talk about newsworthiness and expert pitching. He was awesome. I want to bring him here to campus. I learned so much about how news has changed and how to pitch stories. I ate at the little cafe on the Tech campus.

• My iMac broke. The graphics card went bad so I couldn't see anything on the computer. They sent a repairman to fix the computer.  So this is what the inside of a Mac looks like.

Fun stuff


• Went to a 5 Browns concert with my mother-in-law. 5 piano playing siblings. My favorite piece was the encore, the Star Wars Cantina song.



• Spent New Years Eve rock climbing. Should do more of that in the new year.

Fitness
• My last tumbling class of 2014 was Dec. 3.
• The last Aerofit class ever was Dec. 18. It's closing and reopening Feb. 5 as Rush, a much bigger trampoline park with a foam pit, dunk court and ninja course.
• With Aerofit and tumbling out of the question, I need a fitness plan. So I bought a month at Pure Barre and started doing that.
• Took up barre method workouts. They kick my ass. Soooo hard.

Restaurants tried
• Square One Fish taco
Went here with my mother-in-law. I ordered a whole fish. And wasn't really expecting a whole fish eyes and everything to be smiling up from my plate. The food was amazing though. One of the best restaurants I've been to in awhile. Definitely a special occasion place.
• Genghis Grill
Hibachi meets Moe's. This restaurant was the Mall of Georgia. You pick your own ingredients, protein, veggies, sauce (so Matt can do low sodium) and they fry it up for you. I loved the concept. I didn't follow the recipe cards and ended up with a meal that could have been better. So I want to go back and try and make something even more amazing.

Christmas/holiday stuff
• Got together with my family for Christmas. Even Carolynn who had said she wouldn't be home for Christmas. But then came home a few days before Christmas and announced she had gifts for everyone. She didn't.
---Highlights: My sister letting her kids playing with water balloons and then saying she didn't worry about them popping. It was just water. A few minutes later, a water balloon popped on her lap. !
--- Melissa and Daniel are expecting a baby this summer and got lots of cute baby gifts.
• Matt's family came down for Jersey for Christmas.
• Got lots of Christmas presents for people. Got a few myself.
--- Highlights: Matt got a hoodie pillow (to keep his head warm while he sleeps) and a GPS watch for his running.
                     I got a GoPro! and a cute purple coat.

No comments: