After work I was making some pasta salad and waiting for my hubby to come home.
The mini farfelles were boiling and I went to check on Mojo and Katie in the living room. I leaned on the baby gate and was about to ask Mojo how he was doing when BLAM the baby gate fell straight over. I must have put more weight on the gate than I should have because I fell straight over too. I fell fast, and if I hadn't landed on my left hand, I would have done a complete face plant.
I was in shock. The surprising fall knocked the wind out of me and I couldn't breathe. I didn't know what to do. Was my arm broken? Could I get up? Would I be like one of those old people in the Life Alert commercials?
I got up. It took me awhile. I wanted to cry to my mommy. Only there was no other adult in the house. The cat ran away because the noise startled her. I thought the dog would comfort me, but he thought I was crazy. So I decided I should follow the advice of my old p.e. teachers and "walk it off." Hands above my head, I paced the living room until I could breathe again.
I then texted my husband. "I fell. think I'm ok. hurry home."
I then went back to the pasta. And I couldn't feel my hand. After about 15 minutes the feeling started to come back to my hand and I went to check if Matt had texted me back.
My damn POS phone was still sending the message. That's wonderful.
Anyway, my hand is sore and bruised. I think I'll be ok, but I don't want to do that again.
And here's what I learned.
1) Never trust a baby gate
2) If I ever have an emergency, my stupid POS verizon phone won't call out unless I'm by a window. So maybe I need a life alert bracelet.
PS>
Here's my pasta salad recipe
Boil noodles to desired tenderness. Not too soft if you want to use the pasta for leftovers. (I use penne, rigantoni or bowties for pasta salad.)
While noodles are boiling, combine 1/2 cucumber diced, 1 large diced roma tomato (or more depending on the season), one small can of drained sliced black olives and feta cheese in a large mixing bowl. (I had leftover cubed chicken today, so I used that too.)
Once noodles are done, drain them (don't rinse!) and put them in the bowl with the veggies. Add a generous amount of italian dressing and toss.
You can also add this Salad Supreme seasoning from the grocery store seasoning aisle. I highly recommend it.
So that's my pasta salad. Today I added roasted red peppers. In the past I've added celery, fresh peppers or whatever I've had on hand.
It's a very vegetable heavy pasta. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment