Yesterday I went to the grocery story on my lunch break and boy was that a productive hour!
In fact, if I hadn't decided to take the dog out I would have been back in one hour instead of one hour and six minutes.
I only needed to pick up a few things, so I thought the trip would work time-wise. Mostly I got fruit, fruit and more fruit, gatorade, juice and jello. (Can you tell I have a cold?) I also got some popcorn because all of my popcorn had expired (!?), some tomato paste for a chili recipe, dishwasher detergent, cookies because they were on sale and chicken for a different chili recipe because it too was on sale. (And when I looked at the receipt later I realized I'd also gotten pasta, spinach, tomatoes, bread.) The Publix penny item was a pizza so I also got that. Dinner for a penny. Awesome!
I loaded up my car by 12:30 and figured I had time enough to go home and put the groceries up, so I did that and with a few minutes to spare took the dog out while I was there. The hubby came home for lunch and we chatted briefly and I headed back to work. I was back at 1:06 p.m.
Not bad.
(And don't worry about those extra minutes, I was early that morning)
No comments:
Post a Comment