Monday, December 21, 2009

Home For the Holidays

Starting today I'm off work until Jan. 5, which is nice.

I took Monday through Wednesday off. Christmas Eve and Jan. 4 are furlough days and Christmas and the week after are paid-holiday days off. I'm excited to be able to sleep in and stay home.

I was going to go out west, but I'm not—might save that for another post.

Here's how today started out:

We had a lazy morning in. I did laundry, etc. Matt played Modern Warfare 2. His kill ratio is 1:1.2 for free for all. I don't know what that means, but he's proud of it.

Then we had lunch with Matt's friend, who was celebrating his birthday today. It was a funny lunch. Mostly, I remember asking his other friend, who I hadn't seen in a year, how his wife was. Turns out she's not his wife anymore.

We got home and I dropped my new touch screen phone, that's less than a month old, into the dog's water bowl. Of course, we didn't get the insurance on it. I cried. Now we'll wait three days for it to dry out to see if it will work. I know the battery will need to be replaced. We'll wait to see about the phone. In the mean time I'm using my old Razr (I've had a Razr phone for about five years now) and hope we don't have to pay $399 for a new phone. For that much, I might just use the Razr.

Matt's playing his game again and seeing Avatar this evening. I'm boycotting Avatar. It looks like the stupidest movie ever and I want it to fail. Blue Aliens. Who cares? James Cameron, you are not getting my money for your $400 million fiasco.

Also, I want to record Matt screaming obscenities while he plays his game, but I couldn't post it online. If his parents ever saw it, they would be so disappointed. It really is impressive how many obscenities he can get in a phrase.

No comments: