Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Summer in review




There was no official vacation this summer, but fun was had. Here's a look back at what we did.

May
• I went to an editing workshop in St. Petersburg, Florida. This meant flying for the first time since '02, doing it by myself, figuring out taxis, shuttles, luggage carousels, eating at new restaurants, talking to new people, and trying some awesome duck tacos.
• I took a painting class at artinis (hydrangeas in a jar)
• Went kayaking
• Attended a baby shower
• Went to a wedding. Did not get a splinter in my ass. 
• Attended an Aerofit party. Matt went into berserker mode on the Battle ropes and won a free T-shirt. 
• I started taking tumbling classes at Bishop Park. 
• Restaurants tried: all the restaurants in Florida, Home.made, 5 Bar

June
• Took 2 painting classes at art inis (daisies and carnival at night)
• Tried a yoga class. Think I'm too ADD for it.
• Tried acro yoga. Love the tricks. Got bruises on my hips from people's feet. 
• Got Madison addicted to bunny grahams. 
• Finally made it out to the Farmer's Market. Found tasty vegan cheese spreads. 
• Went to Grindhouse and watched WorldCup Soccer
• Restaurants tried: Taziki's, Kumquat Mae

July
• I took a week off work: Played at the water park with my nieces, Matt and I went climbing, got tacos, then my car broke down and we spent two days dealing with that. 
• $550 oil change. Ugh. 
• We went to see the Atlanta Silverbacks, a minor league team. The Silverbacks tied the game in the 90th minute. Pretty fun. 
• Restaurants tried: Taquiera tsunami, Taj Mahal, Zoe's, Half Baked, Tin Lizzys  

August
• I got my Subaru fixed. Got to drive a loaner car, a 2014 Subaru Outback. It was lousy in town, great on the highway and an overall mom car.
• Matt got a screw in his tire the same weekend I had the loaner car
• Matt discovered the grilled steak tacos at La Fiesta and promptly became addicted. 
• I went to SkyZone and flipped in their foam pit.
• We went to SkyZone a week later, took the cardio class, flipped and dunked.
• I started taking aerial trapeze classes at Canopy
• New restaurants tried: LaFiesta, Coastal 7

Things we did not do
• Go to Revolution Donuts in Decatur. 
• Contract Ebola in Africa
• Put Ozzy on a diet (considered yourself warned, fat cat) 

No comments: